3.11.2019

Babies are amazing

It has been almost four year since I last wrote here, except for my very intimate previous post which, funny enough, made reference to that last time also, 2015.

I have been doing lots of stuff, as I usually do, even when I feel more tired than ever. On 2015 I was admitted in a public music school to study violin, it has been a bumpy road, but it has led me to the wonderful project that I now have teaching babies to play music.

It started with another class I teach, English for babies, another sort of unusual project. My very close friend Karime asked me to teach her daughter English, because, somehow, I was very successful teaching my son (he scores C1 on Cambridge placement tests), and so I jumped on the path of making that a reality, wondering how to teach English to babies. We got more and more mom to come and bring their babies, and they were all very happy and then Karime requested a music class.

Music is an area in which I don't feel very confident, but my son is an advance music student, even when he is only twelve, and so I plan it with him.

I remember setting the time for the class for a week later and still not knowing what as I going to do. I didn't wanted to be just a baby class "early stimulation" as baby classes are often called here, I have done that and I can do it well, but I wanted something different.

Finally, the day before the class I saw it clearly, if had to be a Suzuki Method violin class. I have participated in many, as a student, next to kids, and I believe in many concepts from this methodology, being one of the most important "Everybody can", that is what convinced me to purchase a violin when I was 32 years old, and if I could, they most certainly could.



I was amazed, on the first class they were able to hold their violins and bows almost perfect, at least for babies if this age. I used a toy violin that I adjusted to work more or lees like a proper one, it was a Christmas gift for my son when he was tree, his stepdad painted for him.

The class started on October 2018, and has continued growing, with more and more students, they are really amazing, because babies that are loved are at their full potential, I believe.





No comments: