3.12.2019

Sewing, again

It's been a long time, for sewing as for writing here. I missed both.
Sewing is so many things, all very positive; relaxing, creating sharing.
Blogging too, is so warm and nice, the connection that we get from reading about other people (mostly moms) lives, struggles and triumphs, and then commenting, feeling identified or cheering up them, or just learning amazing or practical things, is very different from what I feel I get on Instagram or Facebook. Here it all feels slower, kinder.

I wrote before about the group of moms and babies that I teach, music and English. Two weeks ago, they requested a sewing workshop. I have done this before, but haven't for a few years. One of the main ideas was to make menstrual pads out of the discarded cloth diapers of their babies, certainly a very Earth-friendly idea.








The result was very good and we had a great time.

Then, yesterday, I wanted to go out to get vegetables but I didn't wanted to bring a purse. I have entered a phase of my life were I don't want to carry purses, but the badly or non existent pockets on women's jeans is making it difficult, I have been meaning to do something about it but couldn't find the time, finally, yesterday I made some time.






I'm happy with the result, even when there is room to improve on the somehow improvised pattern, I was afraid that I was going to look like a clown, but I don't feel like that (even if I do look like one) and I loved the little patches I added. I plan to improve or add pockets in all my pants, it's amazing, and feminist, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely feminist! And cool