9.09.2014

Sewing a lot, again

I have been working on some things for our home, like simple pillows but with beautiful fabric, I think pillows make a home cozy, even if you don't have couches.



Last Saturday we had visitors for breakfast, and so I took this chance to make place mats and napkins that I have been planning for a few weeks.




I end up making a bread basket with the same fabric, I tried to imitate a tree trunk, I love to make thing that remind of forest, trees and nature.





Also I'm still working on the puppets for the birthday of a little boy, they are giving one puppet to each kid, I'm hand sewing the eyes, and that's delaying me.







The night I made the napkins I also cut some pillows I have to make for an order, and I end up with a few stripes of fabric of the same width, and I decided to try my hand at a log cabin patch, not really knowing very well how to, but it came up nice in the end, I think, I added son corners to make it more pretty, I always get very worry about how to combine colors right on a quilt, and that even stops me from doing it.




I haven't made the pillow for this one yet, I made all my pillows because I like to use cotton fabric and I think all pillows that sale on stores are expensive.

I'm joining Nicole, on KCCO today, what are you creating these days?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love your bread basket!

momto5 said...

wonderful stuff. love the bee fabric

Heather said...

Wow! You are definitely sewing a lot! I love the little basket. And all the pillows :-)