11.03.2010

Day of the Dead

I had to sleep out for 3 nights and that made very cranky, cause I missed my home and my sewing.
Kimono olas
On Saturday an old lady friend came by to the Farmer's Market where I work and we went fabric shopping, I got this leaves fabric, so I made this Kimono, by adapting the Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Stitching pattern for my size.
Ofrenda

Ofrenda
And finally on Monday we made our altar to celebrate the Day of the Dead, we also made the traditional Bread of the Dead (recipe soon), and eat it with chocolate, in water for me (as in the picture) and with milk for Itzcóatl.
Primera vez sopeando el pan
I'm having a crisis, I don't think I'm taking motherhood, very well in this days, I need a change.
En la mesedora frente al altar

No comments: